Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

151: A PARABLE OF THE SMASHED TOE.

The Shedding of the Old, and The Beginning of the New
...

At the end of a busy and tiring week, I was cleaning up the clutter of toys scattered on our floor. With hands full,  I tripped over a 10 pound dumbbell. The impact to my toe was so great, that I fell to the floor in extreme pain. My wife came running into the room. We carefully removed my sock to see that my toe was badly bleeding and my entire toenail had been ripped off,  just barely still attached. My wife gently removed the rest of the nail and then comforted me. The exposed new skin that used to be under the hard protective shell of the nail was now cut,  bare, raw and bleeding. My wife calmly washed and cleaned the blood, and then anointed my toe with healing oil. By adminstering constant care, we patiently await until the new nail begins to grow.

8 comments:

  1. I love how you constantly see symbolism in all things and that you show others.

    Thank you.

    Tread softly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and share parables without the symbols.. it is you the reader who sees the symbolism.

      Most will read parables and see this as a retelling of painful experience, and an example of needing to be more careful.

      Some will read and see it as an uplifting example of a caring wife and a story about serving loved ones.

      Few will read and see much more.


      Delete
  2. that's toederly lame.
    previous comment nailed it.
    hope you get back on your feet soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.. you are really punny.

      Delete
  3. It has become one of the most common antibacterial agents.

    The Dermatologist Perth can reduce cellulite effectively by laser treatments.
    A good cleanser should clean pores gently and leave
    skin feeling soft and supple.

    My web site purpose skin care

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could definitely see your expertise within the article you write.

    The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe.

    All the time follow your heart.

    Also visit my web page ... hemorrhoids cream for eye bags

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's up to all, the contents present at this web page are
    actually remarkable for people experience, well, keerp up the nice work fellows.


    Here iss myy blog post ... iphone 5s icloud activation

    ReplyDelete