· The preparing Mormon knows the church is true and believes in Jesus Christ.
· The Latter-Day Saint knows the Lord Jesus Christ and believes in His Church.
· The preparing Mormon follows the prophet and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ.
· The Latter-Day Saint knows the Lord Jesus Christ and sustains in His servants.
· The preparing Mormon is proud to be a member of the only true and living Church.
· The Latter-Day Saint is humbled to be a servant for the Lord Jesus Christ.
I liken this example to my relationship with the Savior. I have read the Savior’s words in the scriptures, and have knelt in prayer and have heard His voice. I know alot about Him. He truly is my Elder Brother and I look forward to the upcoming day when I will KNOW HIM and RECEIVE HIM in this world.. not just in the world to come.
"For strait is the gate, and narrow the way that leadeth unto the exaltation and continuation of the lives, and few there be that find it, because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me.
But if ye receive me in the world, then shall ye know me, and shall receive your exaltation; that where I am ye shall be also. This is eternal lives—to know the only wise and true God, and Jesus Christ, whom he hath sent. I am he. Receive.." D&C 132:23