Here are three interesting things that make me scratch my head. I offer no commentary on this. I allow the reader to come to their own conclusions.
Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young and his wife Barb are scheduled to give the keynote address at an upcoming conference promoting acceptance of gays and lesbians in the Mormon Church. The three day conference will be held in Salt Lake City on September 13-15.
The article states the Youngs are committed members of the LDS Church. Barb and Steve are happy to be part of Affirmation’s International Conference, where they hope to lend their voices to the healing work of making our families, our society and our church more welcoming places for our LGBT brothers and sisters.
LINK to the KSL article
BOY SCOUTS CAN NOW EARN THE THOMAS S MONSON AWARD
The Thomas S. Monson award may be earned by youth and adults of all ages. It will be introduced at the 2013 National Scout Jamboree, and will then be available for others to receive after July 2013. Pre-orders are accepted immediately, and will be shipped August 1, 2013. To earn the Thomas S. Monson Award, complete the following two requirements and at least four electives.
1. Read “100 Years of Scouting in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,” which is included on this card. With your family or a Scout leader, discuss two things you learned from this history.
2. Read “Run, Boy, Run,” which is included on this card, and write your feelings about this story in your journal.
1. Complete at least two requirements toward earning the Genealogy merit badge.
2. Complete at least two requirements toward earning the Family Life merit badge.
3. Memorize the thirteenth article of faith, and discuss with your family or a leader how this article of faith and the Scout Law support each other.
4. Meet two youth outside of your area and discuss with them how Scouting has benefited your life or the life of a Scout you know.
5. Share your feelings about doing your duty to God with your family, a friend of another faith, or a leader.
http://ldsbsa.org/lds-bsa-centennial/thomas-s-monson-award/LINK to the award
TWO NEW BOOKS ANNOUNCED IN TIME FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE
A new illustrated book with the teachings and stories told by Thomas S Monson during 50 years as an apostle and prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is titled
“Consider The Blessings: True Accounts of God’s Hand in Our Lives” . This book is scheduled to be released just in time for October General Conference..
The other book is titled “I Will Lead You Along: The Life of Henry B. Erying,” due out in the fall as well. This is the biography of President Henry B. Eyring, first counselor in the LDS Church's First Presidency.
LINK to the Deseret News article
Thursday, August 15, 2013
"For behold, when ye shall be brought to see your nakedness before God,
and also the glory of God, and the holiness of Jesus Christ,
it will kindle a flame of unquenchable fire upon you.
O then ye unbelieving, turn ye unto the Lord; cry mightily unto the Father in the name of Jesus,
that perhaps ye may be found spotless, pure, fair, and white,
having been cleansed by the blood of the Lamb, at that great and last day."
TYPE and SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME?
Here a few photos taken over the past couple of days in Salt Lake. There have been some devastating fires started by lightning which have destroyed many homes in Summit County. Last night, due to the all of the smoke covering the sky, the sun was darkened and the moon turned red in color.
photo taken at Guardsman Pass on August 12, 2013
photo taken of the sun from our front yard at about 6:00 PM on August 14, 2012
photo taken around 9:00 PM on August 14, 2013 from our front yard.
"And they shall see signs and wonders,
for they shall be shown forth in the heavens above,
and in the earth beneath."
"And they shall behold blood, and fire, and vapors of smoke.
And before the day of the Lord shall come, the sun shall be darkened,
and the moon be turned into blood, and the stars fall from heaven."
D&C 45: 40-42