Wednesday, June 1, 2011

01: INTRODUCTION TO THIS BLOG

In the scriptures we read the words Bear and Bare.  These two words are pronounced the same way but differ in meaning and spelling. The name of the blog is  "BARE RECORD"... but the title of the blog says in ALL THINGS BEAR RECORD OF ME.

BARE: to uncover or reveal, to exposed to view, undisguised.
BEAR: to withstand something difficult or painful, to support or hold up; sustain, cause to be born, bring forth, provide evidence for.

Example from scriptures:
"And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe". John 19:35

 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servant things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand". Revelation 1:1-3

"And this is my doctrine, and it is the doctrine which the Father hath given unto me; and I bear record of the Father, and the Father beareth record of me, and the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me; and I bear record that the Father commandeth all men, everywhere, to repent and believe in me". 3 Nephi 11:32

This blog will contain posts that both bare and bear  ( BARE: uncover things that I have learned, but also BEAR: support and sustain, provide the testimony I have of our Savior Jesus Christ)
I am no one of importance, but have felt prompted to begin this blog. It will contain previous things that I have written over the past couple of years as well as new observations.

3 comments:

said...

I look forward to reading your observations.

said...

You said you have written other things over the last couple of years, I would interested in reading if you are willing to share

Anonymous said...

The responses to your blog show how 'hungry' many of the 'saints' are for the basics, to go BACK to Jesus Christ. And even Joseph Smith who testified of Him.